And why is it necessary?
The famous Bruce Lee once said: “Even the strongest tree is easier to break than the bamboo shoots or willows bending in the wind.” No matter how much you train, build muscle and drive fat with cardio, you will not be able to to achieve elegance and smoothness of movements without flexibility.
In addition, it is also useful because:
- Helps to relieve muscle tension
- Improves blood supply to the muscles and triggers recovery processes
- Develops coordination and endurance
- Increases joint mobility
- Has a positive effect on the musculature of the back and spine
Well, in the end, remember how much on the Internet jokes intended for men, with a picture of well-bending girls in the photo. Many men in their fantasies allow themselves to dream that their companion of life had a wonderful stretch.
Myths about stretching
Myth 1. Inborn makings are needed. Of course, for professional athletes they should be, but if you do not plan to perform in the circus, then your muscles are quite ready to perform simple training packages. And each time you will feel that you can get a little more.
Myth 2. It is necessary to do such trainings from childhood, and they are definitely not available after 30. Yes, children are easier, they really have a greater mobility of the joints. But the advantage of stretching is that it can be done at any age. Just do it gradually, without trying from the first day to sit on the twine.
Myth 3. Flexibility exercises are always a pain. Also an erroneous opinion. To a pain to lead in any case it is impossible, it is necessary to be stretched up to a condition of a strain.
Myth 4. Such training will not give the effect of losing weight. Perhaps the effect will not be as pronounced as in the case of performing cardio workouts, but such training is a physical load, because during its execution energy is spent and the body works. So calories are also wasted.
Such different workouts
There are a whole bunch of types of stretching exercises. But on the whole, there are only 2 kinds of trainings for stretching.
Dynamic, with the implementation of various amplitude movements (swings, rolls). With each motion, the amplitude must increase due to inertia. Contraindicated for beginners, as it is quite traumatic.
Static. It is with him that you need to start training. There are no sharp jerks. It is necessary to stretch the musculature and fix in this position from 20-30 seconds to a minute. Thus, a smooth work of the muscle occurs. In turn, static exercises can be divided into active (independent occupation, stretching occurs under the weight of their own body) and passive (when the coach helps).
Tips for beginners
No matter how seemingly it is unreal and complex, flexibility classes are also available at home. Just follow a few tips.
- Be sure to perform warm-up before class. The body needs to be warmed up, and the waste paper should be prepared for work. Run at a calm pace for 5-7 minutes and perform simple slopes, sit-ups and mahi
- Avoid sharpness. Remember, you are not in school physical culture. All movements must be smooth. Feel how your body works
- Do not do anything through pain. The state of tension, overcoming is normal, but there is no pain. Pain can lead to trauma and tissue rupture
- Practice regularly. Otherwise your joints will again lose mobility
- Do not wait for colossal results from stretching for 2 weeks. The main thing here is not the speed, but the quality of execution. For example, only after 3-4 months of regular classes you can sit on a string
- After 1.5-2 months of doing the same exercise, your muscles begin to get used to the load. Try to complicate it or start another complex
- Consult the trainer before starting workouts. If you do not want to do this, at least look at the detailed video on the Internet and study in pictures which muscles should work during the execution of a training.
Exercises for Beginners
The introductory part has passed. Now you are ready to start training. Below I will give a few simple exercises from which you can make a good workout.
- Exercise for the back “Kitty”. Standing on all fours, flex your back gently, then gently bend it down. Lock each end position
We lay down on the back, one leg left bent at the knee, and the second pull to the breast keeping it as straight as possible.
Sit on the floor, bend one leg, try to lean forward towards the second leg.
Standing, make one leg lunge forward and bend it in the knee. Make sure that the feet are pressed to the floor.
The front surface of the thigh
While standing, bend one leg in the knee, clasping it with your hand, pull up your leg to the buttock.
- Put your hands in the lock behind your back and lift the lock up
- Standing, your back straight, raise your arms up in the lock and stretch
Lateral surface of thigh
From the sitting position, bend one leg in the knee, the second one to the side. Tilt sideways.
Lying on your stomach, put your hands on the floor and lift the upper part of the case.
For the first lessons of these exercises will be quite enough. Gradually, you need to increase the amplitude, load and introduce more complex stretches. And do not forget: no sudden movements! During the entire exercise, control the breathing, it must be smooth and deep. You should enjoy your actions, then you will be not only in excellent physical condition, but also in psychological!